BreatheDRY™ Breathable Absorbent Pads are a white, soft flat sheet with an absorbent layer and a waterproof breathable underside that stops fluid getting through to equipment below and wicks away moisture to protect the patient’s skin. Designed to be breathable and to manage climate control and preserve skin integrity.
How does BreatherDRY™ benefit patients?
- Breathable – The MVTR Moisture Vapour Transmission Rate (MVTR) measures the passage of water vapour through a substance. The higher the MVTR rate the more breathable the product. BreatheDRY™ PLUS is 772.8g / m² / 24h / 74oF. Compared to 32.6 and 19.8 with other traditional bed pads. (Test method ASTM E96-2012).
- Keeps skin dry – preserves the microclimate – the moisture balance of skin and reducing or eliminating the risk of moisture related skin damage is paramount in maintaining skin integrity.
- Soft and flat, it can be used in direct contact with skin.
- Reduced odours due to highly absorbent polymers encapsulated in the core.
- No added pressure – A independent pressure study proved that there was no additional pressure load on a patients skin when using BreatheDRY™. Test were conducted at 55 lbs, 110lbs, and 220 lbs.
- Latex free
- Mulitple sizes available